MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: How do you add together two cells in two different Microsoft Excel tables?
Posted by: Javier Treviño
Date: January 15, 2013 05:37PM

Hi Emmak,
Thanks for posting in our forums.
This post is identical to another one I replied to last month. So I will paste my same response here.

Is your data in 8 different Worksheets of the same Workbook? If that is so I think you can create a formula in the 9th worksheet and place a formula in the cell that you want the sum of the X2 cell of worksheets 1-8 to sum those. Should be as simple as entering the cell typing =SUM( and then going to each X2 cell in each worksheet with your mouse and selecting that cell so it appears as part of the formula and in between each selection making sure you enter a comma to separate them.

The formula should end up like:
=SUM(Sheet1!X2+,Sheet2!X2,Sheet3!X2,Sheet4!X2,Sheet5!X2,Sheet6!X2,Sheet7!X2,Sheet8!X2)
assuming each of your worksheets has the default name, otherwise instead of Sheet1, Sheet2, etc you should see there the names of your worksheets.

Cheers

====================================
Javier Treviño
MySQL on Windows Team

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: How do you add together two cells in two different Microsoft Excel tables?
January 15, 2013 05:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.