MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

install successful but tool doesnt show up (office 2010, win7 64)
Posted by: Bill Huneke
Date: January 16, 2013 03:38PM

I am trying to install Mysql for Excel 1.1. Installation from mysql installer reports no problems but Mysql button does not appear in excel on the "data" ribbon.

- I have Mysql for Excel in my Add/Remove programs
- I have files in program files(x86)\mysql\mysql for excel
- ODBC and everything installed and works fine

Where is the button? I went to the mysql for excel directory and tried running the file Mysql.ForExcel.vsto (the vsto deployment manifest file). This opens a program that says it is installing office addons. Looks promising but it fails halfway through with complaint that it can't download file:///C:\program files (x86)/mysql/mysql for excel 1.1.0/mysql.forexcel.dll.config

That file (.config) does not exist in my installation. Is it supposed to?

If I fake it so it goes further then it complains about something called resources/mysql-for-excel.ico. That file does not exist either in my installation. is it supposed to?

I would love (and need) to get this add-in running ASAP. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
install successful but tool doesnt show up (office 2010, win7 64)
January 16, 2013 03:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.