MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

MySQL for Excel Installation Issue
Posted by: Matthew Witt
Date: July 02, 2013 02:45PM

MySQL Team,

When attempting to download/install MySQL for Excel 1.1.1, the MSI installer states that it cannot locate Excel 2007 or greater on my machine.

I am currently operating on Microsoft Office 2013 Pro and per a previous thread on this forum it stated to perform the following workaround to install. I attempted to install using this workaround, however, MySQL for Excel was not located in the MySQL Installer directory as referenced on step 3. In another thread concerning this issue, someone stated that this bug would be fixed on a future release of the installer, but that thread was back in Feb this year. Can someone assist me with the installation of this product?

For now please try the following workaround:
1. Launch the MySQL Installer (if already installed launch it from Start Menu > MySQL > MySQL Installer).
2. Try to do a Full Installation (but you do not have to actually install them).
3. Go to C:\Program Data\MySQL\MySQL Installer\Product Cache
4. See if you have there the MySQL for Excel MSI and launch it manually.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL for Excel Installation Issue
July 02, 2013 02:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.