MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Accidentally REMOVED Excel data Add-In - Can't Restore
Posted by: Joe Kalapach
Date: August 01, 2014 12:10PM

In a really bone-headed move I was trying to add an add-in to Excel 2010 and accidentally REMOVED the MySQL add-in (The remove button doesn't ask for confirmation). I tried to browse to the MYSQL Excel add-in directory and manually add it back in but I get the message "This is not a valid Excel Add-In" for all of the four .dll files in that directory. I tried using the install (community not enterprise) msi package to re-install it but no luck it says it fails. Excel and the MySQL workbench are not open when I try this. I tried uninstalling MySQL and re-installing it but that did not restore the add-in. Excel and the MySQL workbench are not open when I try this. I need to add that functionality back to Excel.
I tried using the MySQL.ForExcel.vsto file but I get an error with it too:

System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException: Downloading file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/MySQL/MySQL For Excel 1.2.1/MySQL.ForExcel.dll.config did not succeed. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find file

and it goes on.

I also checked the registry key - it's set to 3.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\MySQL.ForExcel\LoadBehavior\

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Accidentally REMOVED Excel data Add-In - Can't Restore
August 01, 2014 12:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.