MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: Failed connection to Mysql for Excel
Posted by: Patryk Golabek
Date: January 12, 2015 03:02PM

Hi Javier

Thanks again for the assistance, I will try without the screenshots however with detail explanation. My cursor stays as a waiting cursor and no error message appears - irrespective of how long I wait.

I am currently using 64 bit Windows 7. Microsoft Office 2010, Excel version 14 (32 bit).

-I open excel > Data Ribbon > Mysql for excel addin.

-The Welcome to Mysql for Excel pane on the right hand side appears with local connections, remote connections, new connections and manage connections.

- I right click on the local connection I have created and I click on edit connection.

- I have the following:

Connection name: Local instance wampmysqld64
Connection method: Standard TCP/IP
Connection status: Unknown

Hostname: localhost
Port: 3306
Username: root

The rest of the fields are blank and unticked.

I then click on Test Connection and the cursor stays in the waiting position with no error message until I finally press cancel.

I have try to change the port (just to see what happens) and it then gives me a error message that the connection failed.

When I access Mysql Workbench through manage connections I am able to establish a connection within Mysql Workbench to the db.

Thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Failed connection to Mysql for Excel
January 12, 2015 03:02PM
February 10, 2015 11:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.