MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: Is possible to export MySQL query results from Visual Studio into Excel
Posted by: Rudolf Štefánik
Date: September 25, 2015 02:31AM

Hello Javier.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am newcomer regarding MySQL, so sorry if I don't explain my problem correctly. Basically I just thought that application "MySQL for Excel " was developed also to enable export MySQL Query results from Visual Studio to MS Excel. If this can be done for tables, Views, Procedures, why not for Query results. But probably as you wrote, Query result is not physically stored in database. But if I can simply press CNTRL C and CNTRL V , I can copy query results into Excel. Only problem is, that header of Query results is not copied. what can be problem sometimes.

But please, can you then help me how to solve error message, when I want to use SELECT...INTO statement for exporting to query results to CSV file ? Because when I have CSV, I can easily import to MS Excel.

I mean this. When I process this query >>

SELECT order_id,product_name,qty FROM orders
INTO OUTFILE '/tmp/orders.csv'
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
ENCLOSED BY '"'
LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'

I get following error message >> "The MySQL is running with the -- secure--file-priv option so it cannot execute this statement."

I googled it and only one guy had the same problem, he had as me MySQL 5.6 version. I would like to avoid uninstalling MySQL to older version for example.

thanks a lot for you help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Is possible to export MySQL query results from Visual Studio into Excel
September 25, 2015 02:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.