MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: panel colors when using remote desktop
Posted by: Don Ando
Date: January 21, 2016 03:35PM

Thanks again Javier. I looked at the link you mentioned, but not quite understanding or if there is anything I can tweak to make a difference.

Quote:

Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Platform Note: Visual styles are only supported on these platforms.

End Quote:

You say in your post, you are enabling Visual Styles using the method, but the reference says only supported on XP Home, XP Pro x64 and 2003... I am running XP Pro SP3...so does that imply it has no effect on Windows XP Pro SP3 ? And even if it did, what difference would it make?

Somehow, I think its some kind of refresh problem with Excel 2007. As I mentioned in another post, if I re-size the Excel window to hide the MySQL for Excel panel, and then re-size to view it, it shows up properly, but as soon as I touch anywhere with a mouse, it re-draws the panel and everything in the selection panel goes blank.

Some other info:

MySQL for Excel only loads with VSTO 10.0.31117. I tried the latest VSTO 10.0.60724 and it will not load in Excel 2007. I also tried all the combinations with .NET 4.0 Full and .NET 4.0 Client, only VSTO 10.0.31117 works.

I also updated my graphics driver, Intel 82945G to 6.14.10.4926, only a slight upgrade from what I had before but this did not have any impact.

Know any display related tweaks in Excel I can try? I tried all the Color Shemes, Blue, Silver, Black. No difference, except the MySQL for Excel panel does pick up some of the new scheme, for example on the title.

I'm a little obsessed with trying to make this work...I guess because I've already put so much time into it and don't want to be beat.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
January 07, 2016 03:01PM
Re: panel colors when using remote desktop
January 21, 2016 03:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.