Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Connecting Excel to mySQL on worksheet open
Posted by: Andrew Ogilvie
Date: April 07, 2016 02:09PM

I am running:
windows 10 x64
excel 2013
1.3.6 mySQL to excel plugin

I am using this plugin to import saved table views from our database. I am able to import the data with no issues, and while the sheet is open use the refresh function in excel to pull updated data.

When the file is saved, closed, and reopened, the refresh is not available.

I get the error message:
"An error ocurred trying to refresh MySQL data in Excel table, Press Back to contine"
with the details saying:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

or

"An error ocurred trying to refresh data in Excel table "...view name"
with details saying:
"This error is most likely happening because data was imported from a MySQL table or view, and when the Excel Workbook was saved MySQL for Excel could not store the connection information necessary to refresh the data of the Excel table (ListObject).

In order to avoid receiving this error message each time the Excel table is refreshed, please delete the Excel table and import the data again before saving the Excel Workbook."

The only way I have been able to get this working again is to remove the data from the table, and import the data again.

Is there anything I should be checking for in my settings that could cause this?

Thanks,

Andrew

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Connecting Excel to mySQL on worksheet open
April 07, 2016 02:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.