MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Notifier

MySQL Notifier - High Severity Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Posted by: Richard Vogel
Date: January 12, 2014 01:10PM

Hello, I have installed version 5.6.15.0 of the MySQL installer (four times now) and continue to receive the error:

MySQL Notifier - High Severity Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Here is the dump of the info:

at MySQL.Utility.IniFile.HasKey(String section, String keyToFind)
at MySql.Notifier.MySQLService.GetStartupParameters()
at MySql.Notifier.MySQLService.FindMatchingWBConnections()
at MySql.Notifier.MySQLService.SetServiceParameters(Boolean doNotFetchInstanceIfOffline)
at MySql.Notifier.MachinesList.AutoAddLocalServices()
at MySql.Notifier.MachinesList.InitialLoad()
at MySql.Notifier.MachinesList..ctor()
at MySql.Notifier.Notifier..ctor()
at MySql.Notifier.NotifierApplicationContext..ctor()
at MySql.Notifier.Program.Main(String[] args)

I have followed the directions from other posts I've found here to delete the user.config file in the Appdata folder for my user, however after launching the notifier program again (which created a new config file) I still received the error. I am registered in a class that requires this program, looking to stop this error from appearing everytime.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
January 12, 2014 01:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.