Forum List  »  MySQL Notifier

MySQL Notifier--High Severity Error
Posted by: Jacqy Ley
Date: September 03, 2013 07:36PM

When i start up Windows, MySQL Notifier pops up and displays,

"High Severity Error"
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

And when i click "Show Details", it shows,

at MySQL.Utility.IniFile.HasKey(String section, String keyToFind)
at MySql.Notifier.MySQLService.GetStartupParameters()
at MySql.Notifier.MySQLService.FindMatchingWBConnections()
at MySql.Notifier.MySQLService.SetServiceParameters(Boolean doNotFetchInstanceIfOffline)
at MySql.Notifier.Machine.LoadServiceParameters(MySQLService service, ChangeType changeType)
at MySql.Notifier.Machine.ChangeService(MySQLService service, ChangeType changeType)
at MySql.Notifier.Machine.LoadServicesParameters(Boolean setupWMIEventsOnly)
at MySql.Notifier.MachinesList.LoadMachinesServices()
at MySql.Notifier.Notifier..ctor()
at MySql.Notifier.NotifierApplicationContext..ctor()
at MySql.Notifier.Program.Main(String[] args)

I followed somebody's suggestion and deleted config file in User\AppData\Oracle\ and now it shows a little different details,

at MySQL.Utility.IniFile.HasKey(String section, String keyToFind)
at MySql.Notifier.MySQLService.GetStartupParameters()
at MySql.Notifier.MySQLService.FindMatchingWBConnections()
at MySql.Notifier.MySQLService.SetServiceParameters(Boolean doNotFetchInstanceIfOffline)
at MySql.Notifier.MachinesList.AutoAddLocalServices()
at MySql.Notifier.MachinesList.InitialLoad()
at MySql.Notifier.MachinesList..ctor()
at MySql.Notifier.Notifier..ctor()
at MySql.Notifier.NotifierApplicationContext..ctor()
at MySql.Notifier.Program.Main(String[] args)

I am taking a database mgmt class for the first time in my life and i have no related knowledge of whatsoever when it comes to MySQL. What i can tell you is a detailed account of my initial installation of MySQL.

(1) I downloaded the MySQL Installer for "All Windows", which seems like MySQL Community Server in a package.
(2) It was an offline version, and i chose "Development Default" or something like that. (Don't ask me why i chose it)
(3) I guess it installed Server components, then Client components as well. (I realized this Client/Server choice after 5 reinstallations)
(4) There were some "plug-ins" that were missing, and i clicked the download button to pass through. The only plug-in i didn't complete was Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012.
(5) After Server component was installed, it did some configurations, as i could see the messages on the icons tray.
(6) After some time, i realized i didn't need Server components, so i uninstalled the whole MySQL applications and reinstalled a couple of times.
(7) Bottom line is that i deleted the folder that was separately created during my initial installation (that Server component), i uninstalled completely, checked the program folder to make sure no loose ends were left on the hard drive.

I understand nobody had this kind of error, but if you have a slightest idea of what went wrong, please give me some advice on how to fix this. I am so paranoid right now that my laptop is somehow turned into an open server, in which i have no clue how to operate. (Like having a Wi-Fi router with no password)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Notifier--High Severity Error
September 03, 2013 07:36PM
September 05, 2013 10:47AM
September 24, 2013 10:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.