MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Notifier

Opening MySql Workbench
Posted by: Hubert CANEVET
Date: March 05, 2014 07:01AM

Hello everybody,

MySql Workbench is still far from the lightness, stability and liability of SqlYog, but some progress has been made, and now sometimes a few weeks elapse before you scratch it when calling it from the start menu of Windows XP, and you have to uninstall and reinstall it. Unless this means I now commit less errors ?

But now that Javier helped me to install MySql Notifier, let us see about using this one to call that one.

First a simple case : without (or with few) parameters.

After a right click on the MySql Notifier icon in the notification area, I click on "Configure instance" and wait a minute or two.

A "Connect to database" dialog box appears in front of the main form of MySql Workbench, and proposes me to select a connection amongst those that have been created.

I click on OK. If I selected a connection that does not have its password in the vault, I am asked to provide it. Then, I am informed that MySql Workbench has encountered a problem, as a precision I know that it is a lack of memory, and I am proposed to report a bug.

First of all, MSInfo32 evaluates that I have a little more thant 316 MB of physical memory available, and not far from 2 GB of virtual memory.

I click on Report bug, and I get a 203 error at 0FDE2A00. Before having the time to validate this msgbox, I obtain a runtime error 255 at 7C812FD3.

Another time I was not proposed to report a bug, but to debug the application through Visual Studio (I should have gained time by re-registering drwtsn32). It appeared I had an arror 5 at address 8. I was given the hexadecimal address of the interested instruction, but as this is in machine language and I imagine the debugging informations are not available, I shall not know more and I presume that address is useless.

So, to say it another way, a needed authorization has not been provided. Perhaps somebody here knows what there is at address 8 ?

EDIT on March 10th : I had to uninstall / reinstall MySql Workbench, after that with the "Configure instance" of MySql Notifier, I open MySql Workbench with a dialog box to edit a connection. If I close the dialog box, it seems I can use MySql Workbench normally.
On the other hand if I choose OK in the dialog box, I receive a memory error msgbox and MySql Workbench closes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 04:51AM by Hubert CANEVET.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Opening MySql Workbench
March 05, 2014 07:01AM
June 03, 2014 12:40PM
June 03, 2014 05:49PM
June 04, 2014 04:34PM
August 21, 2014 12:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.