MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

Re: MySQL for Visual Studio 1.1.1 Beta available for download
Posted by: Bart Calixto
Date: December 05, 2013 11:40AM

to quote your message:

""
Hi Calixto,

I strongly recommend you to use the MySQL for Visual Studio 1.1.1 along with Connector/Net 6.8.1, both are beta versions but are much stable since we had some issues with the integration of these two products and now these issues are resolved.

Please give it a try and let us know if you have any other issue.

Thanks in advance.
""

My problem is, I'm using Visual Studio 2012 with MySql for some time right now, on production environment. The only thing that stops me from going to 2013 is the lack of MySql support and misleading information about the status of the Visual Studio Plugin, because until the beta was released, we were told that's the only piece needed for VS 2013. As far as development went I understand you needed to implement a new Connector version, which make things harder to update. I'm wondering if an stable connector for VS2013 will hit the release state before the VS2014 release date.

This delay stops pushing a product forward in innovation and prevents me and others of using tools that are available for other technologies which makes MySql stands behind.

Unfortunately, this (in addition to other inconveniences) put us in a situation where we are currently evaluating a migration to SQL Server, specially being part of the bizspark program which means no costs for SQL Server licensing for 3 years.

Unfortunately, I'm the one that was strongly recommending MySql for our applications, but as time goes by, looks like oracle doesn't have the enough power or interests or whatever needs to keep his technology in line with .NET technologies which is sad.

From my personal stand point being 4 or so month behind in technologies at disposal is nowhere a position I want to be.

That said, I appreciate the work and effort you guys, just wanted to let you know that doesn't seem to be enough, in case that matters to you.

That's my sincere feedback. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL for Visual Studio 1.1.1 Beta available for download
December 05, 2013 11:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.