MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

Re: Visual Studio 2013 - ADO.net EF wizard closes unexpectedly when trying to create MySQL db models
Posted by: Avi Polak
Date: March 08, 2014 02:50AM

Hi,

I am having a similar issue and my attempt to follow your instructions did not result in an exception, i used the 2nd instance to attach to the 1st (to devenv.exe) but the generate DB came up empty and with no exception.

More details:
1. I am using mysql 5.6.15, connector/NET 6.8.3, VS plugin 1.1.3, VS 2013 ultimate (not sp1 - is this relevant?), win 7 enterprise 64 bit.
2. I have reverted to a very simple model when I had issue and am now using a single entity with the default id and another string field.
3. When I change the target to localdb it works like a charm.
4. I previously had another issue when trying to generate - a object not set exception and using this forum I saw & followed a workaround to copy the file MySql.Data.Entity.EF6.dll (for 4.5 framework) from the connector install dir onto VS private assemblies folder. If fixed the exception but ended up with this one instead.

Let me know if there is any additional information that can help you find the problem,

Thanks,
Avi.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Visual Studio 2013 - ADO.net EF wizard closes unexpectedly when trying to create MySQL db models
March 08, 2014 02:50AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.