MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

EF6 Code First with MySQL
Posted by: Gabriel Saliba
Date: November 13, 2014 01:21AM

Hi,

I am new to this forum so hello.

I am using Visual Studio 2012 with Entity Framework 6 Code First approach with a MySql Database.

So I created a context with just one entity model to try it out how it goes. I then enabled migrations from the Package Manager Console. I than created an intialiser to insert test data.

so I give update-database command on the Package Manager console and everythings works perfect the database does not exist so it is created with the __migrationhistory table and my one single entity with the test data and everything.

Now I modify the entity say I change the MaxLenght of Property from 50 to 20. When I perform an update datbase again the Package manager console gives me this error :

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder.<.cctor>b__7(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder msb, MySqlConnectionStringOption sender)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder.get_Item(String keyword)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder.GetConnectionString(Boolean includePass)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.get_ConnectionString()
at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.DbConnectionDispatcher.<GetConnectionString>b__12(DbConnection t, DbConnectionInterceptionContext`1 c)
at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.InternalDispatcher`1.Dispatch[TTarget,TInterceptionContext,TResult](TTarget target, Func`3 operation, TInterceptionContext interceptionContext, Action`3 executing, Action`3 executed)
at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.DbConnectionDispatcher.GetConnectionString(DbConnection connection, DbInterceptionContext interceptionContext)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalConnection.GetStoreConnectionString(DbConnection connection)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalConnection.OnConnectionInitialized()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.EagerInternalConnection..ctor(DbContext context, DbConnection existingConnection, Boolean connectionOwned)
at System.Data.Entity.DbContext..ctor(DbConnection existingConnection, Boolean contextOwnsConnection)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.History.HistoryContext..ctor(DbConnection existingConnection, String defaultSchema)
at MySql.Data.Entity.MySqlEFConfiguration.<.ctor>b__1(DbConnection existingConnection, String defaultSchema)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.History.HistoryRepository.CreateContext(DbConnection connection, String schema)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.History.HistoryRepository.<GetUpgradeOperations>d__16.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.DbMigrator.UpdateInternal(String targetMigration)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.DbMigrator.<>c__DisplayClassc.<Update>b__b()
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.DbMigrator.EnsureDatabaseExists(Action mustSucceedToKeepDatabase)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Infrastructure.MigratorBase.EnsureDatabaseExists(Action mustSucceedToKeepDatabase)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.DbMigrator.Update(String targetMigration)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Infrastructure.MigratorBase.Update(String targetMigration)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Design.ToolingFacade.UpdateRunner.Run()
at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Design.ToolingFacade.Run(BaseRunner runner)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Design.ToolingFacade.Update(String targetMigration, Boolean force)
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.UpdateDatabaseCommand.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0()
at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.MigrationsDomainCommand.Execute(Action command)
The given key was not present in the dictionary.

I wish to use this combination because I want to keep the models in sync with the database easily. Am I doing something wrong or I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
EF6 Code First with MySQL
November 13, 2014 01:21AM
November 13, 2014 01:36AM
November 18, 2014 02:17AM
November 26, 2014 07:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.