MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

Possibly Stupid question
Posted by: Bill Angus
Date: November 18, 2014 02:02AM

I just upgraded to current/latest editions of MySQL connector.net, Server, and VisualStudio integration.

I downloaded Visual Studio 2013 community ed.

Then I went to upgrade a VB project from circa 2005.

Visual Studio converted the project ok ... except it does not have the connector.net dependency listed in the project as far as I can tell. How do I re-add the MySQL.net connector to this project?

The errors look just like a reference to the connector routines is not being found. (7 warnings 102 errors).
-----------------
Warning 1 Namespace or type specified in the project-level Imports 'MySql.Data.Types' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. ProfitMaster
Warning 2 Namespace or type specified in the project-level Imports 'Interop.QBFC7' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. ProfitMaster
Warning 3 Namespace or type specified in the project-level Imports 'MySql' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. ProfitMaster
Warning 4 Namespace or type specified in the project-level Imports 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. ProfitMaster
Warning 5 Namespace or type specified in the project-level Imports 'MySql.Data' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. ProfitMaster
Error 6 Type 'MySqlDataReader' is not defined. C:\Bill Angus\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\profitmaster\ProfitMaster\PM_Module.vb 147 20 ProfitMaster
Error 7 Type 'MySqlCommand' is not defined. C:\Bill Angus\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\profitmaster\ProfitMaster\PM_Module.vb 148 24 ProfitMaster
Error 8 Type 'MySqlDataReader' is not defined. C:\Bill Angus\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\profitmaster\ProfitMaster\PM_Module.vb 157 20 ProfitMaster

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Possibly Stupid question
November 18, 2014 02:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.