MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

Server Error: Cannot perform CAS Asserts in Security Transparent methods
Posted by: Hans Riebenthal
Date: May 03, 2015 03:20AM

Hi there

I have a problem with a very simple .net Webapplication. I just would like to show a simple GridView that connects to a MySQL-DB on a remote server. On my local host, everything works fine. But on my remote server, there's always the following error:

Cannot perform CAS Asserts in Security Transparent methods
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

In my bin-folder, there are two DLL-Files, both in Version 6.9.6:
- MySql.Data.dll
- MySql.Web.dll

My Web.config looks like this (part of it):

<connectionStrings>
<add name="connVAT" connectionString="server=xxx;user id=xxx;database=xxx;password=xxx;persistsecurityinfo=True"
providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

and an other part:

<system.data>
<DbProviderFactories>
<remove invariant="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />
<add name="MySQL Data Provider" invariant="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for MySQL" type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory, MySql.Data" />
</DbProviderFactories>
</system.data>

I really don't have any idea, why this error occurs. Especialy because there's no problem on my localhost.

Any help on this toppic would be highly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Server Error: Cannot perform CAS Asserts in Security Transparent methods
May 03, 2015 03:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.