MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

Visual Studio 2015
Posted by: George Stephens
Date: May 13, 2015 01:01PM

I have recently started to use Visual studio 2015 to beguin porting my application over to windows 10 from windows 8.1. The problem is that when i try to use the MySQL installer for windows i get an error message stating that i haven't got Visual studio's installed. To try and get around i used the mysql for visual studio 1.2.3 msi and though it installs okay it still doesn't add itself to visual studio and when i try to modify it it only allows for intergration into VS2013 and pria versions.

All i really need to be able to do is referance MySQL.Data.RT but i am unable to do this. If i try to copy the MySQL.Data.RT.dll in manually from the old version of my program visual studios compiles my program no problem at all but i get the following exception in the ouput when running my program;

-----------------

Exception thrown: 'System.ArgumentException' in MySql.Data.RT.dll
SQL error catch.
System.ArgumentException: 'Windows-1252' is not a supported encoding name. For information on defining a custom encoding, see the documentation for the Encoding.RegisterProvider method.
Parameter name: name
at System.Globalization.EncodingTable.internalGetCodePageFromName(String name)
at System.Globalization.EncodingTable.GetCodePageFromName(String name)
at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(String name)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver..ctor(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
at NavigationMenuSample.ViewModel.MainViewModel.LoadThermocouplerangeData(Int32 thermocouplelong)
Exception thrown: 'System.ArgumentNullException' in System.Linq.dll

-----------------

Is there anyway to get the mySQL installer for windows to see visual studios 2015 and add the nessaserry requirements for the application to compile and run correctly?

Many Thanks,

George Stephens

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Visual Studio 2015
May 13, 2015 01:01PM
July 23, 2015 10:13AM
August 25, 2015 05:09AM
November 23, 2015 06:18PM
November 23, 2015 06:20PM
January 11, 2016 04:10PM
November 24, 2015 03:05AM
December 15, 2015 11:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.