MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

Problems with generating Database from model with EF6 and VS2012
Posted by: Timo Witte
Date: May 28, 2015 08:52AM

Hello,

i installed the latest version of Mysql for Visual Studio (1.2.3). And created a model in EF6. Everything works like a charm, setting up databse connection, creating model from database and so on.

However when i try to generate SQL to create the mysql database i get a Error message in the "Generate Database Wizard":

"Compiling transformation: The type of namespace name 'Core' doe not exist in the namespace 'System.Data.Entity' (are you missing an assembly reference?)'"

thats the important part of it. I uses C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Entity Framework Tools\DBGen\SSDLToMySQL.tt

After debugging this a littlebit i figured out it loads the System.Data.Entity Assembly instead of EntityFramework while generating the Database.. SSDLToMySQL.tt includes System.Data.Entity which is EF5 IMHO...

The Model1.tt (in VS solution includes EF6.Utility.CS.ttinclude) (EF6).

Is there any updated version of the Visual Studio Transformation which works with EF6?

I tried to update SSDLToMySQL.tt and the includes to use EF6 Binaries / Namespaces, however this later on generates Code which tries to use some undefined C# Functions, guess there are more changes than just the name space names..

Is there any way to get Database Generation working with EF6?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problems with generating Database from model with EF6 and VS2012
May 28, 2015 08:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.