MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

MySQL connector - Unable to retrieve schema (VS2015 - Connector 6.9.9.0 - MySQL for VS 1.2.6)
Posted by: Nicholas Vaughan
Date: March 03, 2017 04:08AM

Hi,

I don't know if anyone is able to help me. I am using Visual Studio 2015 with the MySQL Connector 6.9.9.0 and MySQL for Visual Studio 1.2.6 having just upgraded from VS2012 & MySQL Connector 6.8.8. When adding a listview to a webforms page, I can add the control, I connect to the MySQL database, I can use the query builder to connect to the database and can run the 'Execute Query' button and get the results back.

However when I come out of the query builder and finish going through the wizard to configure the SQL Datasource I click Test Query I get the following error message:

----------
Unable to retrieve schema. Ensure that the ConnectionString and SelectCommand properties are valid. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
----------

This also applies when trying to refresh the schema for the ListView control. However If I manually write out the <ItemTemplate> and <LayoutTemplate> and build and run the site, the listview returns all the rows as expected. This means that the connection string and the select statement are correct.

Has anyone else experienced this since upgrading from VS2015 with MySQL Connector 6.9.9.0 and Mysql for VS 1.2.6?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL connector - Unable to retrieve schema (VS2015 - Connector 6.9.9.0 - MySQL for VS 1.2.6)
March 03, 2017 04:08AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.