MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

Can't add or edit EF Models anymore
Posted by: Jan D
Date: May 05, 2017 12:30AM

Hey, hopefully someone can help me out.

Tbh, I have no idea what exactly led me to that mess.
But I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling, different visual studio tools versions (1.2.4, 1.2.7 and some 2.x.x beta) and mysql connectors (6.6.4 and 6.9.9) back and forth.

I can view my EF Model in Visual studio, but when I try to update it it gives me following error:

"An exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred while attempting to update from the database. The exception message is: 'Unable to convert runtime connection string to its design-time equivalent. <used connection string>"

When I try to add a new model and want to set up a connection it crashes with an "Unexected Error in .NET Framework Data Provider for MySQL. Please contact the vendor to fix this problem."

I tried to use a restore point and even uninstalled and reinstalled visual studio and the mysql vs tools and connector afterwards...no success.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

My Setup:

Win10
Visual Studio 2013 Update 5

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Can't add or edit EF Models anymore
May 05, 2017 12:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.