MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

Re: Entitiy Framework Wizard crashes
Posted by: Charles Peppler
Date: October 22, 2018 12:29PM

I have been wrestling with this problem for days. Thank you for the recipe, but unfortunately, was not able to get it to work.

This is what I tried:

Uninstalled all MySQL 8.0 tools (except for the database server itself), and MySQL for Visual Studio. Restarted, cleaned registry."

I installed according to your instructions, with one exception. Connector.NET 6.9.10 was not available for download, so I substituted Connector.NET 6.9.12

but otherwise followed exactly.

When I tried to add the ADO Entity Model with the wizard, it produced an error:

"the MySQL Connector Net 6.4.4 package did not load correctly..." and went on to refer to the log file, which I did.

Not sure what to try next. I've spent days on this thing.

One of the business development ppl tried to contact me to see if I was building a product that had MySQL in it. I said, in fact, I am. I emailed
all the posts to the bug, and even created a video recreating the bug with all details.

They forwarded me around...asked me to sign up for support so I could talk to a technical person. I said "why should I pay for support when I'm just trying to get your basic software to work?" They referred me back here, to the forums.

Thx for any help.

The last line read:

<entry>
<record>659</record>
<time>2018/10/22 17:58:35.232</time>
<type>Error</type>
<source>VisualStudio</source>
<description>CreateInstance failed for package [MySQL Connector Net 6.4.4]Source: &apos;mscorlib&apos; Description: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.&#x000D;&#x000A;System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---&gt; System.Xml.XmlException: Name cannot begin with the &apos;&gt;&apos; character, hexadecimal value 0x3E. Line 2, position 2.&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseQName(Boolean isQName, Int32 startOffset, Int32&amp; colonPos)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.Linq.XDeclaration..ctor(XmlReader r)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)&#x000D;&#x000A; at MySql.Data.VisualStudio.MySqlDataProviderPackage.UpdateSettingsFile()&#x000D;&#x000A; at MySql.Data.VisualStudio.MySqlDataProviderPackage..ctor()&#x000D;&#x000A; --- End of inner exception stack trace ---&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean&amp; canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal&amp; ctor, Boolean&amp; bNeedSecurityCheck)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Activator.CreateInstanceFromInternal(String assemblyFile, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String typeName)System.Xml.XmlException: Name cannot begin with the &apos;&gt;&apos; character, hexadecimal value 0x3E. Line 2, position 2.&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseQName(Boolean isQName, Int32 startOffset, Int32&amp; colonPos)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.Linq.XDeclaration..ctor(XmlReader r)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)&#x000D;&#x000A; at MySql.Data.VisualStudio.MySqlDataProviderPackage.UpdateSettingsFile()&#x000D;&#x000A; at MySql.Data.VisualStudio.MySqlDataProviderPackage..ctor()</description>
<guid>{79A115C9-B133-4891-9E7B-242509DAD272}</guid>
<hr>80004005 - E_FAIL</hr>
<errorinfo></errorinfo>
</entry>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
June 27, 2018 06:51AM
October 08, 2018 11:36AM
Re: Entitiy Framework Wizard crashes
October 22, 2018 12:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.