MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

VS17 EntityFramwork stuck at wizard step 3
Posted by: Christian Lorei
Date: July 19, 2018 08:01AM

Hello everybody,
I'm stuck with the ADO.Net Entity Data Model.I use the Visual Studio 2017 (v 15.7.5) Community, MySQL Connector Net 8.0.11, and MySQL for Visual Studio 2.0.5.

In a new WPF project with MVVM Light (WPF451), I changed the target framework to 4.6.1 and with NuGet installed
Entity Framework 6.2.0,
MySQL.Data 8.0.11,
MySQL.Data.Enities 6.8.3,
MySQL.Data.Entity 6.10.3.

Now I add a ADO.NET Entity Data Model to the Project with Code first from DataBase and select the Data Base Connection.

When I click Next, the error "Your project references the latest version of the Entity Framework, however, comes to Entity Framework database provider compatible with this version could not be found for your data connection ...".

If I change the etityFramework entry as follows, in the app.conf File.
<EntityFramework>
<defaultConnectionFactory type = "MySql.Data.Entity.MySqlConnectionFactory, MySql.Data.Entity.EF6" />
<Providers>
<provider invariantName = "MySql.Data.MySqlClient" type = "MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlProviderServices, MySql.Data.Entity.EF6" />
</ Providers>
</ EntityFramework>

Then the EF6 is recognized, but the wizard crashes without an error message.

What else needs to be done to make it work?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
VS17 EntityFramwork stuck at wizard step 3
July 19, 2018 08:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.