MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

MySQL client program for x86 and x64 (VC++ 2017)
Posted by: Miguel Cardenas
Date: March 06, 2019 04:54PM

Hello

I am porting a library that requires MySQL, from *NIX (gcc) to Windows (Visual Studio - VC++).

The library compiles fine but MySQL only lets me to link in x64 (64-bits) when I use libmysql.lib (C API), if I try to output a x86 (32-bits) it fails due "unresolved symbols".

Just installed MySQL 8.0.15, the download page says that it installs both 32 and 64 bits, but it appears that the same package installs the 32 *or* 64 bits (only one, depending on the target system).

If I want to build my software for both 32 and 64 bits (on a x64 machine), how can I add the 32-bits version of the libraries? Maybe in a different directory and only the .LIB/.DLL files since I have already installed MySQL server for x64, just to link the 32-bits library to the x86 version of my software...

And a last question, is it possible (allowed) to bundle (only) the .LIB/.DLL MySQL files with my client program or the user should make its own full installation of MySQL server and the program (hopefully) should be compatible with the installed version of MySQL?

Thanks for your comments and help

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL client program for x86 and x64 (VC++ 2017)
March 06, 2019 04:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.