MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

Class not Registered Error on Visual Studio 2017 with MySQL
Posted by: Mahadev Malkar
Date: May 22, 2019 06:37AM

I am migrating my standalone VB.NET developed Windows Forms Application from SQL to MySQL and while doing that I am using an online database. Here is the scenario.

Application is developed in Visual Studio 2017 VB.NET and is a Windows Forms Application.
My database is hosted on Hostinger.
Now obviously, If I want to connect to MySQL from VS, I need two components.

MySQL for Visual Studio

Visual Studio MySQL Connector

And here the problem begins, I tried various versions of both components but still, I am getting the following error.

"Class not Registered (Exception from HRESULT 0X80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"

Now as per online forums and questions answered, this error occurs when software component not installed on the machine. In this case, I am using MySQL references but either MySQL connector or MySQL for VS not installed. But that's not the case. I have both of these installed.

I tried to manually update diff version of MySQL.Data.DLL (v4.0 and v4.5) but nothing seems to solve the problem.

I tried the same project with VS 2015 Community but still not working.

Read different forums and tried multiple solutions. Posting question here is kind of my last resort.

I think for this to work, specific versions of both supporting software must be installed. If anyone has tried this before, working on this or have any workarounds, Let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Class not Registered Error on Visual Studio 2017 with MySQL
May 22, 2019 06:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.