MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

"Failed To Add Relation(s) Specified Cast Is Not Valid" Error on Visual Studio 2015
Posted by: Joshua Mayer Raymond
Date: May 09, 2020 05:39AM

Hello,

I don't know whether the root is problem with the MySQL for VS or MySQL Connector/NET, so I just post it here.

Version that I installed is

MySQL Connector 6.9.8
MySQL For VS 1.2.7

I want to connect to my company's MySQL Database to my project in VS 2015.

But when I clicked Finish in the Data Source Configuration Wizard in the Choose Your Database Object section, I encounter this error.

"Failed To Add Relation(s) Specified Cast Is Not Valid"

I have seen somebody posted, in some forum about this. They say just click OK the after that it worked perfectly fine but that is not the case for me.

It did looked fine but when I tried to Update and Delete, new and existed data in the database from the VS, I encounter an error as well.

So, I'm here to ask if anybody can help with my situation here, maybe you have solve this kind of problem before? Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
"Failed To Add Relation(s) Specified Cast Is Not Valid" Error on Visual Studio 2015
May 09, 2020 05:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.