MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Visual Studio

MySQL for Visual Studio exception
Posted by: Jorge l
Date: June 02, 2020 04:00AM

Hello. I'm trying to link a MySQL Database to my Visual Studio C# project, but I've run into a few snags. In Visual Studio, when I try to connect to a database, it prompts me to update the configuration for MySQL for Visual Studio. If I click "Yes" and run the update tool, I get the unhandled exception "The Logger properties that define a log file path and name have not been set." Here are the details for the exception:

MySql.Utility.Classes.Logging.LoggerUndefinedLogFileException: The Logger properties that define a log file path and name have not been set.
in MySql.Utility.Classes.Logging.Logger..ctor()
in MySql.Utility.Classes.Logging.Logger.<>c.<.cctor>b__8_0()
in System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
--- End of stack trace from the previous location where the exception was thrown ---
in System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
in System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
in MySql.Utility.Classes.Logging.Logger.get_Instance()
in MySql.Utility.Classes.Logging.Logger.LogEvent(TraceEventType type, Int32 id, String message, Boolean displayOnUserInterface)
in MySql.Utility.Classes.Logging.Logger.LogError(String message, Boolean displayOnUserInterface)
in MySql.VisualStudio.CustomAction.CustomActions.GetPkgdefFileStatus(SupportedVisualStudioVersions visualStudioVersion, Version mysqlForVisualStudioVersion)
in MySql.VisualStudio.CustomAction.CustomActions.GetPkgdefFileStatuses(Version mysqlForVisualStudioVersion)
in MySql.VisualStudio.CustomAction.CustomActions.IsConfigurationUpdateRequired(Version mysqlForVisualStudioVersion, Version installedMySqlDataVersion, Version internalMySqlDataVersion)
in MySql.VisualStudio.Updater.UpdaterMainForm.UpdatePkgDefFiles()
in MySql.VisualStudio.Updater.UpdaterMainForm.<Initialize>b__7_0()
in System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
in System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from the previous location where the exception was thrown ---
in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
in MySql.VisualStudio.Updater.UpdaterMainForm.<Initialize>d__7.MoveNext()
in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

If I click "No", when I try to pick a database from the database list, I get the error "Unable to retrieve the list of databases".

How do I solve this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL for Visual Studio exception
June 02, 2020 04:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.