MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Arduino

Code hangs in cmd_query()
Posted by: Dag Hovden
Date: December 03, 2015 07:23AM

Hello,

I have a sketch running on an Adafruit Huzzah ESP8266 board (using ESP8266WiFi.h instead of WiFi.h), collecting some data and sending the data to a MySQL database in my local network, the latter using the mysql_connector. The insert query typically looks like this

INSERT INTO datalog.datalogmeasdata (UserID,Date,Time,MeasValID,MeasVal) VALUES (1,'2-12-2015','10:15:46',2,436)

Normally, it takes about 20-25 sec to execute which is quite long but not a problem, the data collected doesn't change all that fast anyway.

However, at times the code never returns from the cmd_query() calls and I have to reset the Huzzah to get the sketch running again. This can happen after 15 minutes or after 9 hours, seems quite random to me. The database is still there, that I can check from my local PC.

Is there way to specify a timeout value for cmd_query() and get it to return an error code when the query fails?

I have had a look at the code but not in any depth. There seems to be some waiting going on but only if WiFi is not defined (i.e. using Ethernet) which I don't really understand.

Anyway, grateful for any suggestions, pointers, ideas :-)

Regards,
Dag

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Code hangs in cmd_query()
December 03, 2015 07:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.