MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Arduino

Arduino Serial Monitor Dependency
Posted by: Matha Goram
Date: February 16, 2018 08:13AM

Thanks to Dr. Bell's library and documentation, I have achieved my initial goal to log telemetry from a MKR1000 board to a networked MySQL instance while the board is anchored to a desktop. I do not have any calls to the Serial library in my code but, of course, the MySQL connector logs the connection to the Serial Monitor which has to be kept open for this message to be logged. If the Serial Monitor window is not opened on the desktop, the Arduino sketch appears to be hung.

While I can live with this arrangement (i.e. Arduino board anchored to desktop) for testing purposes, I would really like to run these MKR1000 boards in untethered mode without any ability to display the Serial Monitor window. Unfortunately, when I attempt to do just that, the sketch never logs any INSERTs to the MySQL instance (my only way, to the best of my knowledge, to recognize silently that the sketch is running).

I need some guidance on how to run the MKR1000 independently with the MySQL Arduino connector fully capable to perform all the operations that Dr. Bell has kindly made available. This issue may be a general Arduino topic but since the initial connection message is from the MySQL Connector I feel that my first attempt should be in this forum. (Of course, my knowledge of Arduino too is very limited!). I feel that the MySQL Connector/Arduino is very powerful and I would like to get with more robust exercises if I am improve my basic understanding of the underlying operations. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Arduino Serial Monitor Dependency
February 16, 2018 08:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.