MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Arduino

Re: Announcing Connector/Arduino 1.0.2b
Posted by: Noam Parness
Date: May 08, 2014 08:09AM

I spent a few more hours working on this, and I'm still stumped.
I have two different problems - one with version 1.0.1, and the other with version 1.0.2.
The 1.0.2 problem seems to be more severe - the Arduino crashed and reboots at spoint point during the first loop (it never makes it all the way through). I didn't have time to poke into that more, I just rolled back to version 1.0.1.

1.0.1 is unable to connect to the database if the Arduino has received data from one of the slave units via the EasyTransfer library.
The data is received fine (and printed to the serial monitor), and the mysql INSERT string is generated correctly. However, it gets stuck connection, and never makes a successful connection to the database at that point. (I connect and disconnect in each loop - in case the server ever gets rebooted or the network connection breaks).
If I don't receive any data from the slave (by sending a "do nothing" command to the slave unit), it works fine (but only with v1.0.1 - v1.0.2 still crashes). The only difference between working and not working in v1.0.1 is that incoming data. The master unit still checks for it, but it moves on if there is nothing new to process.
I'm asking Bill Porter (the Author of the EasyTransfer library for help on this one as well, since he might be able to figure out what's going on.

I'm still using the "show free RAM" code you gave me last year, and there is plenty of memory before and after the data is received (in fact, it is the same - since the EasyTransfer structure is already created - it just updates the values when it gets new data).

Sorry for the long post, but I'm trying to give as many clues as possible.

Thanks.
--Noam

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Announcing Connector/Arduino 1.0.2b
May 08, 2014 08:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.