Import .JSON files into MySQL
Posted by: Caio Cesar
Date: October 02, 2018 04:28PM

Good evening to everybody,

I have an university work where I must import some lots of .JSON data into MySQL.

Here's the thing:

I want to see if there is a possibility to do it using only stored procedures/triggers and resources from MySQL -- instead of converting the files into .csv or something like that.

A .JSON example is this one (the other ones have more information, about the athletes teams etc.):
{"id_competition":135,"event":"Gymnastics","year":2016,"season":"Summer","city":"Rio de Janeiro","sport":"Gymnastics"}
Basically, what I want to do is to use the .JSON files to insert in my tables (you can see the structure here: ).

I know that in Oracle, for example, you can make a function with selects using UTL_Files and JSON_Object to generate .JSON data from the tables; but is it possible to import the .JSON files into MySQL? (kinda doing the process backwards).

I really thank you all in advance and I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong area.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Import .JSON files into MySQL
October 02, 2018 04:28PM
October 11, 2018 04:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.