How to connect to server?
Posted by: lynx pravoka
Date: December 14, 2017 01:55PM

I have to say. this new api have bad documentation. really really bad. i already search all in google, open 1 by 1. documentation by mysql. there's no documentation that work. the problem is simple. one from source and second from the function don't have example. is it better to look how microsoft or php explain the function.

before i talk to longer and make some confuse. i will tell my environment. i'm using Windows. with Visual Studio Community 2017 c++. i want to integrate mysql to my app.

i already compile connector for c++ that name xdevapi. in this new connector have 2 choice. by using xdevapi or xapi. i tested both to make it work. but damn. it's not work.

i dont't know if the developer know this or not. i currently to include mysql_devapi.h to my visual studio community 2017 c++. the result i get is error code in switch function. SOCKET.

the second i try using mysql_xapi.h to test

mysqlx_session_t * sess;
char conn_error[MYSQLX_MAX_ERROR_LEN];
int err_code;
sess = mysqlx_get_session("localhost", 3306, "root", "root", "test", conn_error, &err_code);
mysqlx_session_close(sess);

and again error unresolved external symbol. what the problem now?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to connect to server?
December 14, 2017 01:55PM
December 14, 2017 03:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.