MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB clusters

Multiple Problems Setting Up MySQL Innodb Clustering
Posted by: Marvin Warble
Date: April 28, 2017 02:12PM

I began setting up MySQL Innodb Clustering today. I've gone through several tutorials and have yet to have success getting the cluster to work as advertised. I'm hoping someone can offer some insight into how to resolve the two issues I'm having.

I have 3 identical Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit servers with MySQL 5.7.18 Community Edition installed. I am able to configure the local instances successfully and get the cluster created on what is the master; however after that I run into 2 issues:

Problem #1: Even though the servers are identical and have been created from scratch, trying to addInstance() on other 2 servers always fails with 'diverged' issue stating that the server I am trying to add to the cluster has more transactions than the cluster group. The only way I have been able to get around this problem is to add

group_replication_allow_local_disjoint_gtids_join=1

to the mysql.cnf file for both slaves. None of the tutorials mention having to do this and log files seem to recommend against using it, but at this point I have no choice. So is there a trick I am unaware of that will solve the data divergence problem on brand, spanking new data sets?

Problem #2: Once I was able to get the slave added to the cluster using the workaround mentioned above, cluster.status() reports the slaves in "Recovering" mode and they never leave that mode. Since the data set on the master is just the default, I would expect the slaves to come online pretty quickly. Any idea why they might be stuck in recovering mode?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to get this in place for my web service as soon as possible.

Thanks,
M. Warble

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2017 02:14PM by Marvin Warble.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Multiple Problems Setting Up MySQL Innodb Clustering
April 28, 2017 02:12PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.