MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB clusters

InnoDB cluster creation error
Posted by: R. B.
Date: April 23, 2018 06:50AM

Dear all,

I'm trying to set up an InnoDB cluster (MySQL 8.0), and in the JS Shell I'm connected to the server running in localhost (using the hostname of that server). I just set up the server and it should be able to connect to a cluster: when I execute dba.checkInstanceConfiguration() I see that the Instance configuration is compatible with InnoDB cluster.

When I try to execute dba.createCluster('TestCluster') I get the following error: "ClassicSession.query: The server is not configured properly to be an active member of the group." I looked at the log files and found the following: ERROR: There is no such grant defined for user 'snuffles' on host 'host'.

I have no idea where this could come from. This error is followed by another error stating that it cant find the mysql user I used to open the session, it says it doesn't exist ands requires to be created.

Could this be a bug?

Thanks in advance,
R.B.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
InnoDB cluster creation error
April 23, 2018 06:50AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.