MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB clusters

Need advice with solution
Posted by: Armen Gasparyan
Date: January 24, 2019 04:15PM

Hello, 

Guys I need an advice. I am not an SQL geek but have some experience with MySQL. So Currently I am stuck with choosing the best solution. So I need an advice from proffesionals who really had hands on experience with their solution. 
We have the following situation. 
There is a PHP web application which uses and keep a lot of data in several mysql servers. 
8 Mysql servers are keeping application settings and 1 MySql server keeps database with user accounts and data with information where is user app data stored (including which of 8 sql servers have current users app information). 
So when new user registered he/she get 2 information schemas - 1 on the accounting mysql server and the second one on the app mysql sever. 
Previously these SQL servers were hosted on Google Cloud SQL - it had limitation for schemas (not more than 10000 schemas per one server) so that's why we had such weird quantity of servers. 
Besides we had a lot of problems with dead-locks with Google cloud solution so we decided to migrate to simple VM hosted mysql servers very quick. 
Everything is working fine now. 
Each MySql 5.7 server now has master-(read-only)slave configuration. 
Now I am planning to merge smoothly all these application MySql servers to one Percona 8.0 MySql server. 
This server must have an High-Availabily (this is number 1 priority) with possibility to be scaled further on other datacenters. 
Now I see 3 solutions 

1. Master - Master replication with HA Proxy - second master is not planned for write operations - it's planned just for automated switching in case of 1st master failure. Further scaling will happen with read-only replicas
2. Percona XtraDB Cluster implementation 
3. Galera Cluster implementaton 

Which solution is the best taking into account a high reliability as the first priority? 

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Need advice with solution
January 24, 2019 04:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.