MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB clusters

Cluster and AutoIncrement
Posted by: Steffan Cline
Date: October 19, 2016 07:36AM

I’m looking to do something open source where I can have basically a load balanced HA cluster/replicated nodes of MySQL that is completely transparent to the connection/user.

MaxScale is by MariaDB and looks straight forward and similar to MySQL Router with the exception of query routing. You have a master and slaves. It routes read/write to the master and reads to the slaves. This solves the issue of re-engineering around auto increment. I just wish there was some automated way to automatically restore a node when it comes back online rather than checking the log file and for where to start rebuilding.

MySQL Cluster looks like master/master replication but makes no mention of the whole auto increment issues which the MaxScale config takes care of by routing the queries. It would seem this will rebuild a node automatically when it comes back online.

I know I'm talking about two different products but am hoping someone can contrast the difference.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Cluster and AutoIncrement
October 19, 2016 07:36AM
October 19, 2016 02:48PM
October 19, 2016 11:48PM
October 20, 2016 12:39AM
October 20, 2016 10:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.