MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Shell

Writing script to auto restore from backup daily at specific time
Posted by: Phil Marrone
Date: November 08, 2021 10:46AM

Hello, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I am writing for advice on what approach to take to automate a key function in my system. I have a remote system that produces a self-contained backup in the ".SQL" format. I have a MySQL server running as a Windows process on my desktop machine.

Each morning, I must log into a specific FTP site, navigate to a specific folder, and download this file. Next, I log into my MSQL Workbench and restore my server from a self-contained file and wait about 40 minutes. This self-contained file drops at the same time every morning and so I would like to script this process out so it is done automatically at the same time every day so that by the time I need to use the data during the day, it is already the most current.

So, my question is: what should I use to start this script? Powershell with WinSCP, Python, C#, etc? I am looking for the method/language first before I dive into how to accomplish this task. Please advise, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Writing script to auto restore from backup daily at specific time
November 08, 2021 10:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.