MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

schema comparison tool
Posted by: hottcha
Date: December 20, 2005 02:10AM

I'm looking for a tool that will allow me to synchronize two schemas. I would like the output to be the sql statements that need to be run against the 2nd schema to make it like the first. I have used Navicat to do this in the past but its "structure synchronization" requires you to actually RUN the altering scripts before you can see them. Even then it merely displays them in a log and it is left to the user to siphon the sql statements from all the log messages displayed. Navicat is also not open source and I'd like an open source solution.

I've searched the web and seen that this seems to be something everyone is looking for and has yet to find. Maybe i'm just looking in the wrong places or using the wrong search terms. Is there a widely used tool that does this that I'm simply oblivious to?

Thanks very much.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
schema comparison tool
December 20, 2005 02:10AM
December 23, 2005 12:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.