MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Java Synchronization Application / Feedback
Posted by: Stian Brattland
Date: January 05, 2010 08:53AM

Hi,

Having had a quick look at some of the available MySQL synchronization tools, i realised that they were either too costly for my own need - or did not have the features i needed. In short, my need was that i have a source database and a target database (the source resides on the company network, while the target is an online database). I needed to synchronize the target database with only a subset of the data available in the source database. However, to my knowledge, not many available application is able to synchronize a target database with only a subset of the source database.

However, i've created a Java application which does this. What it does is that it connects to both the source and the target, and creates a MD5 key for each row in a given table. That MD5 key (from both source and target table) is transferred to the local machine where the comparison is taking place. I'm using DerbyDB to do the comparison.

It is possible to define what conditions the application should apply when selecting the comparison keys from the source and target database, and this condition is then used when updating the target agains the source.

Now, if anyone with knowledge to Java would like the source, i'd be happy to provide it. What i'm interested in with this is first and foremost to get feedback on the application - and i'd more than love if anyone makes any modifications which can be added to the application so that it gets better. Right now, it works - but it is definately now flawless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 09:01AM by Stian Brattland.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Java Synchronization Application / Feedback
January 05, 2010 08:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.