MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

MySQL and Microchip PIC TCP/IP Stack
Posted by: Mauro Martins
Date: November 21, 2011 11:01AM

Hello to all,

For a recent project (at least) I need to insert data into a MySQL database using a microcontroller with Ethernet connectivity.

Before starting with the microcontroller I'm trying to write an application using C# that connects to MySQL server using a TCP socket, but without using the "Connector" supplied by MySQL.

So far I'v only scratched the surface and was abel to establish connection and receive the welcome message from the server, I've been using this http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Internals_ClientServer_Protocol and the book "Understanding MySQL Internals".

My question, is there any C code I can port to my application? something where I could only change the way sockets are created and used (like a bottom layer) and use the upper layers?

The protocol doesn't seem very hard, but it will take very time until a working version is available.

Best regards, Mauro.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL and Microchip PIC TCP/IP Stack
November 21, 2011 11:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.