MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Restoring MySqlDump script to Azure Mysql database
Posted by: brian melvin
Date: March 10, 2021 06:28AM

Hi

I have a large (and growing) mysqldump sql script file which i need to restore to a ms azure mysql database on a daily basis
I'm having some problems finding an appropriate way to automate running this against azure mysql db.

I've created a powershell script to do it which works, but i have to run this locally on my pc which is far from ideal.
I've looked into various options for automating - including azure cloud shell and azure logic apps, both of which have max timeouts of 10 or 20 minutes which is nowhere near what's required to execute my currently 7.5Gb dump file.

I then investigated Azure Automation - but it seems i would need mysql.exe to be installed, and as far as i can tell, this is not possible - you can only install powershell modules in an Azure Automation runbook. There are powershell MySql modules available but they rely on either mysql.exe or Connector/NET to be installed which doesnt seem to be possible in Azure Automation.

The only way i can see to do this would be setting up a VM within azure, where i could install either Connector/NET or MySql.exe and then execute the script from there.

If anyone has any experience running mysqldump scripts (or any mysql sql script for that matter) against an azure mysql db, all within the microsoft azure cloud i would be very grateful for any suggestions - or to confirm my above assumptions are correct

thanks in advance!
Brian

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Restoring MySqlDump script to Azure Mysql database
March 10, 2021 06:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.