MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Long running queries over tcp don’t “respond” to client after completion
Posted by: Matthew Lenz
Date: March 24, 2021 07:09AM

Mysql 8.x. I’ve got an issue where when I perform long running queries that don’t produce output (import infile, insert into … select …, etc) the query will complete (I assume) and then the connection goes idle (mysqladmin processlist on the server shows the connection in a Sleep state) and the client program (perl dbi or mysql command line client) just sits there in a hung state waiting for a response from the server. The crazy part is the connection is still established and if I control-c out of the client program the connection to the server drops. I’m banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what causes this issue. If I run the same queries on the local server (incredibly inconvenient; which I assume is probably connecting over the local socket) this doesn’t occur. Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.