MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: MySQL real world use for DW/BI
Posted by: Matt H
Date: August 21, 2007 03:28AM

Hi Peter

I've had a look at your beginner web sites as you suggested, and pulled off some docs to look at. I have a small problem in that I'm no DBA or programmer and so am learning VERY quickly as I go! And I'm having to go it alone - no team to work with me, so a lot of frustrations when it's not going as fast as I or the management want!

I also had a concern that this forum is very quiet but they do seem to respond fairly quickly and quite well when there's a question asked. DW is a totally new subject to me, and MySQL does what I need without having to lay out for SQL Server CALs and licenses and I've used it on and off since v3 so know it pretty well. I'm going to be using it with BO Server XI and Crystal XI, but the ETL bit is causing me problems. Got the E-part working ok, and some of the T, but not started on the L yet. I have inconsistencies in some of the data that needs addressing in the production side of the business as the processes that generate the data are not being used as they should and producing erroneous results, like a negative run-speed or duplicate product ID codes! I'd be interested in trying out your SeETL software - currently using various VB scripts, batch files and ported *Nix apps, as well as trying to get my head around Talend's ETL app.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL real world use for DW/BI
August 21, 2007 03:28AM
September 30, 2007 04:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.