MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

InnoDB log group capacity error
Posted by: Mark Smith
Date: October 15, 2004 01:10AM

Hello,

I recently started to get the following error in both our Production and QA database servers. The best that I can tell, the issue appears to be related to growth of data being inserted into the primary data tables that are of the type, InnoDB. I have been using InnoDB tables because they support row level locking. Anyway, I have scanned the tables and I do not see any fields of the type Text or Blob so I think that insert load is the only other option that makes sense.

The server is MySQL 4.0.18 running on Win2K server or Win2K3 server. The original innodb_log_file_size=75M. The innodb_buffer_pool_size=1300M. The servers have 4 GBytes of Ram but Windows really only allows in our case 2 Gbytes in this case. I would like to expand the innodb_log_file_size to 512M (this should not increase the memory requirement?). However my efforts on the QA server caused the server to fail to start up properly after shutting down the service, updating the my.ini file, deleting the InnoDB log files (moving them really to be safe), and restarting the service. Is there a better method to adjust the InnoDB log file size? Has anyone seen this problem? I believe that this problem is responsible for a large number of inserts having response times that range from 30 to 50 seconds (even if the insert is just a single record).

===== Error from error log (repeats every 1 to 2 minutes) ======
040902 16:04:41 InnoDB: ERROR: the age of the last checkpoint is 212331209,
InnoDB: which exceeds the log group capacity 212331111.
InnoDB: If you are using big BLOB or TEXT rows, you must set the
InnoDB: combined size of log files at least 10 times bigger than the
InnoDB: largest such row.

Thanks,

Mark

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
InnoDB log group capacity error
October 15, 2004 01:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.