MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Mysql SAN Related Scenarios
Posted by: Linux Maniac
Date: June 03, 2011 12:21AM

Hello,

This is my first posting in this forum, I'm not sure if this the correct place to post this but please bare with me.

Currently we have an HP G5 (8GB ram) server acting as a LAMP box, but we are having some heavy load on it mainly from the mysql server, where the CPU% usage regarding to top sometimes goes over 300. The solution was to upgrade and give mysql his own machine, but we went a little bit further and decided to get 3 HP G7 blades (with 32GB ram each) a C3000 enclosure and an HP SAN box.

Now I was wondering what kind of scenarios could take place to help us achieve optimal conditions??

This is what I came up with so far:

- First box will will act as XEN with four guests.
G1 - will be a webserver proxy (NGNIX or HAProxy)
G2/G3 - will act as webserver (Apache)
G4 - will act as mysql proxy/load balancing

- Second box will act as a Master(READ/WRITE) mysql server.

- Third box will act as a Slave(READ) mysql server.

Now the database will be on the SAN box, I'm not sure how feasible it is to make the two mysql boxes share the same SAN partition or should I create two partitions on the SAN and do some kind of synchronization or replication.

If someone can clear this up for me, also keep in mind that I'm good with the Linux environment but this my first time in handling multiple servers or clusters to achieve one task.

Regards,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mysql SAN Related Scenarios
June 03, 2011 12:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.