MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Using views for access control. How?
Posted by: Alicia
Date: December 22, 2005 04:43AM

Hello all,

I am new to views and I need to implement them on my database. I am working with version 5.0.16-standard and InnoDB tables. We have a database schema of 49 tables.

I am working on a project that needs different user access to different parts of information stored in our database. I have read the manual and I want somebody to explain a little further the privilige granting use of a view.

I have tried to create a view that includes all data from our schema restricted with each user's project but I have realized it is not what we need. I am wondering if creating a different view of each database table, limiting rows returning only those from a user project, will work when performing queries which include different tables. And if doing so, when i will have different table views and want to grant user access to all those table views of some projects, how i could do it? granting each table to a user or creating a view with username that includes all project views and granting it to a user??

I would appreciate any idea or help. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Using views for access control. How?
December 22, 2005 04:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.