MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

MySQL query stuck in preparing status
Posted by: Robert Gunther
Date: February 19, 2016 05:57PM

I have a MySQL server v. 5.6.26 running for years (upgraded from version to version over the years).

Yesterday the performance of the server came to a crawl.

I checked out the status of all executing queries and I found several that were just sitting their with a status of 'preparing'. The documentation page states preparing is 'This state occurs during query optimization.'

The query is a basic insert, no sub selects, no nothing. Just a basic insert something like this.

insert into example
(id, name, email)
values
(1,'joe','someone@example.com)

There were maybe 6 queries like this running. They were consuming all the CPU on the server bringing the server to its knees.

I killed off the queries and the server came back to life.

The process that is running this query runs every 5 minutes. Sure enough 5 minutes later the query goes into 'preparing' status again.

I don't see anything in the logs, eventually it will complete but the entire server is basically dead if there are a few pending.

How do I debug this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL query stuck in preparing status
February 19, 2016 05:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.