MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

MySQL Error Message - Need a way to fix
Posted by: Dean McBride
Date: February 25, 2016 08:28AM

Hi,

Apologies if this post has been misplaced.

I'm currently running a MySQL server which supports an intrusion detection product; however, I've come across an issue that relates to MySQL that I neither understand nor know how to fix .. hence coming to the experts on the DB itself :)

The logs seem to be indicate that there is a DB error displaying the following "Out of range value for column 'E_LCNO' at row 1 (SQLState=22001 ErrorCode=1264)". From my Googling around, it seems that either this is database corruption or the table cannot accept any more data.

Full error is "SQLException executing 'UPDATE ELEMS SET E_INSC=?,E_ET=?,E_BLID=?,E_LCID=?,E_LCNO=?,E_LCTYP=?,E_LCSEV=? WHERE oid=?': Data truncation: Out of range value for column 'E_LCNO' at row 1 (SQLState=22001 ErrorCode=1264)"

What I'm trying to understand is how I can fix this. Bare in mind that I'm definitely not a SQL expert by all means. The vendor also no longer supports the use of MySQL but I can't just delete this data due to compliance requirements.

Can anybody give me some advice on what commands I need to run to clear this? I'm planning on migrating the whole solution over to an Oracle database, therefore giving me vendor support, but in the mean time this is the only option.

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Dean

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Error Message - Need a way to fix
February 25, 2016 08:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.