MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

MySQL usage profiling?
Posted by: Deomid Ryabkov
Date: November 20, 2004 05:41PM

the question is simple: how do i know who (of more than 4000 users) uses my database server the most?

the server is a backend for our webhosting services, which means that i know absolutely nothing about applications our users run.

server is becoming quite busy, cpu utilization is starting to reach 100% on regular basis.
however, i suspect that of those thousands there might be a minority of "abusers" that use the database in some perverse way bringing the server down :)
the question is, how do i know? i can have a snapshot of current queries (processlist) and a cumulative statistics (status), but that (at lease to my current knowledge) is all.

i'd like to have just two simpe figures:
1) queries per user and/or per database (most of our users have only one database anyway)
2) time spent processing this user's requests (or time spent processing requests to this database)

i might be wrong (i'd be glad if i would), but there is currently no such profiling facility build into mysql.
if there is a way to get such statistics without hacking code myself, please tell me before i dive into the source and start wreaking havoc :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL usage profiling?
November 20, 2004 05:41PM
November 21, 2004 02:35AM
November 21, 2004 04:30AM
November 29, 2004 06:36AM
November 21, 2004 04:04AM
November 29, 2004 10:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.