MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: View truncates GROUP CONCATed String
Posted by: Sebastian Boettger
Date: January 17, 2006 11:58AM

Hi Roland,

thank you for your help.

The table I do this fulltextsearch on is a table where the content of used templates (documents) is stored. And because you don't now the content of the templates while setting up your content table, the field values of the templates, where the content is to be stored, is stored in this table. so let the template has the id 1 and every field has a fieldname and a fieldvalue field in the table. I don't need to know the exactly row in that the match occured, I just need to now the ID I am grouping by. This name/value contruct is why FULLTEXT search option of MySQL is not usable.

Now I have to join this table with several other tables for security restrictions and some fieldnames should not be shown in the results also. Thats why I created a view because I thaught this might be faster than searching with a query like you proposed above.

But the search needs over 10 seconds like the search with the old query. Isn't there a possibility to do this faster.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: View truncates GROUP CONCATed String
January 17, 2006 11:58AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.