MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Memory Usage Issue of MySQL DB in my App
Posted by: Vinod Patil
Date: August 23, 2016 06:51AM

Hi,

I have 5 millions records in MySQL DB table.This table has one column which has BLOB data type.Because of large data present in my DB table, all memory capacity has been utilized by MySQL Server & got delay in request execution.

After research, i found that when my application has select query to fire on MySQL server, then BTREE is created in memory for that table & result is getting back to application.After subsequent same execution, quick result is getting back to application because BTREE is present in memory & cache.After this, memory will be shown as highly utilised.

So my issue is that, memory has been highly utilised because of large BLOB data set is present in memory of MySQL server.
So is there any provision in MySQL for not taking BLOB column in memory at the time of BTREE creation.
or is there any other way of handling memory issues for BLOB data types.

Thanks in advance...!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Memory Usage Issue of MySQL DB in my App
August 23, 2016 06:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.